Since 1980 Woman’s Foundation has been a resource to the community by promoting the total health and well –being of women and their families. For over thirty years Woman’s Foundation has served the local and statewide medical community by offering high-quality continuing education programming to designated physician specialties. In the last two years alone Woman’s Foundation has provided over 130 CME activities totaling over 230 credit hours with 2,600+ total physicians in attendance.
Woman’s Foundation also provides conference services to state and local medical associations, coordinate regularly scheduled series for hospitals and other organizations as well as manage weekend symposiums. The expert staff at Woman’s Foundation has years of experience planning medical activities focused on providing an exceptional educational experience to physicians while maintaining an enjoyable atmosphere at quality venues.
Woman’s Foundation is accredited by the Louisiana State Medical Society (LSMS) as an approved provider of continuing medical education programs for Louisiana physicians. The vision of the CME program is to develop quality continuing medical education activities that provide physicians with information, techniques and modalities to improve patient care.
The purpose of the CME department at Woman’s Foundation is:
- To provide continuing medical education activities which will increase the knowledge, skills and competence of Louisiana physicians.
- To provide physicians with an opportunity to receive quality CME which will help update them on recent developments in medicine as identified by educational needs.
- To jointly sponsor CME activities with other organizations which will help enhance opportunities to provide quality CME.
- To collaborate with other community leaders and organizations to continue to seek avenues for maintain a well-informed and educated physician community.
- To meet or exceed the Essential Areas and Policies of the Louisiana State Medical Society (LSMS) Accreditation Program.