Since 1980 Woman’s Foundation has been a resource to the community by promoting the total health and well–being of women and their families. For over forty years Woman’s Foundation has served the local and statewide healthcare community by offering high-quality continuing education programming to designated physician specialties and other healthcare professionals. In the last two years alone Woman’s Foundation has provided over 130 CME activities totaling over 230 credit hours with 2,600+ total providers in attendance.
Woman’s Foundation also provides conference services to state and local medical associations, coordinate regularly scheduled series for hospitals and other organizations as well as manage weekend symposiums. The expert staff at Woman’s Foundation has years of experience planning continuing education activities focused on providing an exceptional educational experience to physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers while maintaining an enjoyable atmosphere at quality venues.
Woman’s Foundation is now nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) as an approved provider of continuing medical education programs across the country. The vision of the CME program is to develop quality continuing medical education activities that provide physicians with information, techniques and modalities to improve patient care.
The purpose of the CME department at Woman’s Foundation is:
- To provide continuing medical education activities which will increase the knowledge, skills and competence of Louisiana physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- To provide healthcare professionals with an opportunity to receive quality credits which will help update them on recent developments in medicine as identified by educational needs.
- To jointly sponsor continuing education activities with other organizations which will help enhance opportunities to provide quality credits.
- To collaborate with other community leaders and organizations to continue to seek avenues for maintain a well-informed and educated healthcare community.
- To meet or exceed the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Program.